DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL
Departures from New York to Poland take place once the air cargo or ship container is completely filled up. There is no set date for departures, however, they take place several times a week. Until this point, your parcel will be held in a port warehouse in New Jersey. They typically do not stay there longer than a week.
Once they have departed from the US, airplane parcels arrive in Poland the next day, and parcels departing by boat will take approximately 3 weeks to arrive. After arriving in a warehouse in Poland, the following steps will depend on the final destination of the parcel:
- For Polish packages, they will be screened and go through local customs. This typically takes a maximum of 1 week to complete. After that, they are handed over to a local courier (FedEx, DPD, GLS) for door-to-door delivery. This typically only takes a few days, depending on the distance of the destination from the warehouse.
- For parcels heading to other European countries, the packages will be held at the warehouse in Poland until the destination country clears all necessary importation paperwork. This can take up to 2-3 weeks depending on the country and the speediness of their customs officers. As of July 1st, 2021, the European Union has introduced new import laws that require much stricter regulations, and may cause potential delays. For more information, check our Taxes & Customs page.
- Once the screening process is finished, the parcel will be sent out to its destination. It is at this stage that the recipient may receive a notice that they must pay taxes on the parcel, depending on its contents.
- For parcels headed to Eastern Europe and Asia – depending on the exact location, it might not be possible to perform door-to-door delivery. If the location is very remote or in a small village, you will be asked to provide the address of a local post office from where the recipient will be required to pick up the package.
- Once the parcel is in hands of the local courier, it will be delivered within a few days. The recipient will receive a phone call from the courier before they deliver the parcel, and they will be required to provide a signature and/or ID. Operating hours vary among different couriers, but typically the parcels will be delivered from 8am-10pm local time.
Don’t forget, you can always track the exact status of your package at Doma Export. For more information and step-by-step instructions, please visit our Tracking page.
If you have any additional questions, check out our FAQ or contact us using the form below.